The mosquito is a carrier of some of the world’s infectious diseases. An infected mosquito can transmit viruses while biting a healthy person. 40% of the world’s population live in areas at risk of virus transmission by mosquitoes.
- Prevent water stagnation
- Wear fully covered clothes
- Avoid mosquito bites
- Use repellents, mosquito nets and screens
- Keep doors and windows closed
- Dispose garbage properly
- Invert barrels, containers and vases when not in use
- Install lids to keep insects away from water storage units
The simplest and easiest way to stay safe from illnesses is to ensure that mosquitoes do not breed in our homes and communities.